About a year ago (as of this writing) the author Robin Sloan, who dabbles quite a bit in software, wrote a post that put a lot of interesting thoughts in my head that I'm still chewing on to this day.
As I read through it again, I have thoughts that can best be summed up with a lot of head-nodding in full agreement with what he talked about.
It resonated with a few other folks as well, so I'm gathering others' reactions as I work on composing my own and researching further into the idea of personal software.
- Robin Sloan: An app can be a home-cooked meal
- Tools for home cooking
- Programming Feels Like Home
- I am the programming equivalent of a home cook
- An app can be a home-cooked meal - Robin Sloan
- An App Can be a Home-cooked Meal
- “I am the programming equivalent of a home cook.”
- Home cooked apps
- Personal software vs factory-produced software